The one where I said we were going to move Sam to the bigger bedroom?
Yeah, that happened this weekend.
I actually do feel a lot better about having that completely done.
Here are before and after pics of the dresser painting project.


I have to really be in the mood to paint or I'll never finish. The mood hadn't struck me yet, so Stephen took matters into his own hands and started the project for me.
He did the knobs too. I hadn't planned on them being a different color, but I am really happy with the way it all turned out.
We bought this dresser for $20 at a flea market. It was pretty ugly, but really sturdy. And the drawers are deep so it'll hold Sam's clothes without them being crammed in there.
When we put Sam to bed last night in the new room he seemed really freaked out, but stopped screaming after 10 minutes and didn't scream at all tonight.
His room is so much bigger that it echoes when we're talking, lol. I think he likes the extra space. He does really well with change so I'm hoping he does alright with the new baby.
I guess Stephen was in a "nesting" mood today because we also completely rearranged the bedroom to my liking. After moving everything around I laid on the bed and said it was terrible and made me want to throw up. Lol, literally!
We had moved the bed to the other side of the room, facing a different direction then before and it totally threw me off. Poor Steve, he moved everything back the way it was.
It wasn't a complete waste. I dusted everything and vacuumed all of the carpet while he moved stuff. Stephen organized his desk and I talked him into storing the horrible thing until we have a garage because that's where it belongs. It's an architects graphing table...not a desk. The thing is huge so it's a magnet for clutter. It has sharp, metal corners and Sam's head is about 1/2 an inch away from it. I'm just trying to prevent an ER visit people! So now we're on the lookout for an actual desk for him.
38 weeks today...2 weeks until my due date...or whenever this baby decides to come!!!
1 comment:
LOVE, LOVE IT!!!! It is soooo cute Amy! Great job!
Post a Comment