After having two house fires I would like to say that I'm a pro.
However, I wasn't aware of this:
We've had two oil fires in the past 5 years. The first one was 2 weeks after we were married and it destroyed our kitchen. Stephen put it out with a huge storage container of water. The rest of the apartment had serious smoke damage.
The second one we caught before it could do any damage. A pot of popcorn caught fire. It's crazy when you have a fire how you don't really think, you just act. The flames were at least 3 feet high, just inches away from the cabinets, ugh. Stephen picked the flaming pot up and told me to spray it with our sink hose. Thankfully neither of us were hurt. After watching this video I'm convinced we were both being seriously looked out for.
I learned that oil fires explode just a few days ago from an email. I knew I wasn't supposed to dump water on it, but didn't really have anything else at that moment. We youtubed a Myth Busters episode on oil fire explosions and it was insane!!
Anywho, just a little tidbit for your everyday life.
Oh! And btw! If you store your oil above the stove. Don't. The bottle will explode when the flames hit it and will spread to all of your surrounding cabinets and counter tops leaving you with a husband who thinks he's Rambo trying to put out a fire and a completely incinerated kitchen. Personal experience.
Any fire experiences? Advice? Leave some comments!
1 comment:
that video is depressing. I'm glad yours didn't do any harm to you guys. And since I don't have experience with a stove fire I can't give you any advice. So sorry.
Post a Comment